DIY Mothers Day Gift
Hey guys Mother’s Day is right around the corner, May 10th to be exact. If you haven’t bought mom a gift yet or are unsure of what to get her don’t panic. Here is a really beautiful and meaningful DIY for mom that will no doubt put a smile on her face and possibly even a tear in her eye.
- You’ll need a piece of 12”x6” plywood. Which you can find at your local craft store like Michaels, The Hobby Lobby or A.C. Moor
2. Stain your plywood front and back. I used Early American because it’s my favorite color wood stain, but there’s an array of different stains you can choose from. Let this dry several hours.
3. While waiting for your plywood to dry, print out your Mother’s Day quote and cut it out. I provided a link to the one I created here, however you can create your own if you’d like using your favorite Mom quote or your mom’s favorite color. The choice is yours 😉
4. Once the plywood has dried completely, you want to attach your Mother’s day quote using modpodge (it goes on white but dries completely clear, and be sure to gently smooth out any air bubbles)
5. Attach your tacks next. Hammering one to each corner (these can be found at home depot or your local hardware store)
6. Attach your Clip about an inch below the bottom of your paper
7. Place a picture of you and your mom and you’re done!
This is such a quick and easy DIY yet the results are gorgeous and the thought is priceless.
If you prefer to purchase this item, click here
Hope you enjoyed this DIY and as always if you have any questions or comments about this or any of our previous project we would love to hear from you.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!