Make Your Own Wooden Headphone Stand
Own a pair of boombastic headphones (thats a thing right?) but dont know how to adequately store them? Well, fret no more! Here’s the step-by-step instructions so you can make yours in under an hour.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2x4x12″ Lumber
- 2″ screws
- Wood Glue
- Bandsaw, Jigsaw or handsaw (and a strong grip)
- Drill with Countersink Bit
- Chop Saw
- Table Saw or Router
Lets Get Started!
- Find a sturdy piece of lumber. I suggest using a 2x4x12″ piece
- Mock-up and trace (with pencil) your headset over the lumber
- Using a Bandsaw or Jigsaw, cut slits on the part you’re going to cut off. This will make it easy to trim the excess
- Trim the excess by following the trace line
- Mock-up the headset again and ensure you’re happy with the rough cut. Measure how much space you want to trim off at the bottom.
- Cut off the bottom, then place the top on the base
- Mark, with a pencil, and trace the bottom of the top piece unto the base.
- Using a dado blade, multiple passes with a table saw, or a router with an appropriate bit, rabbit out the recess traced on the previous step
- Turn the base upside down and countersink two holes. This is where the top is going to be screwed unto the base.
- Add glue to the recess and screw the pieces together.
Finishing touches, sand the pieces, stain or paint to taste =)
Find the perfect spot on your desk or dresser, and hang your headset on it! That’s it! Told you this was an easy, functional and totally neat project.
You can even add decorative logos, initials, or designs on the skull (the top part).
Want us to make this for you? Simply Click HERE and place your order. Makes a great gift for the Online Gamer, Music Lover or Podcaster in Your Life.