Natural Raw Connecticut Honey
We at WoodyThings LOVE working with other small businesses. We have teamed with one of our favorite local orchards, Autumn Harvest Orchard LLC, and we’re proud to say we’re their exclusive Online Honey Distributors! Autumn Harvest Orchard LLC has been a member of the Connecticut Northeast Organic Farming Association (CT NOFA) and the Connecticut Beekeepers Association since 2005. They are an all-organic apple orchard, and a vegetable and berry farm. Unlike many other honey producers, their hives are carefully tended to and located right on their farm.
Ways You Can Use Our Honey
- As A Tasty Spread On Bread, Buttered Croissants, Pancakes or Waffles
- To sweeten light meat dishes and drinks
- To Relieve Sore Throats, Take a Spoon Full of Honey, or Add Honey to Warm Tea
- As a Dipping Sauce for Apple Slices
- Can Help Decrease Local Seasonal Allergy Symptoms
- Sweet Source Of Energy
Will Our Honey Crystallize Over Time?
Yes, our honey along with most pure, raw honey can crystallize over time. Crystallized honey is what happens when your honey solidifies, and this is a very natural process.
But there’s no need to worry. Here’s a few different suggestions. If possible, keep your honey in a liquid state by storing it at 65 degree or higher. You can also liquify your honey simply by heating the honey.
- Remove the metal or plastic caps on the glass honey jars and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- For the plastic bears warm the honey in a pan of hot water on the stove until it reverts back to a liquified state.
Note: Never microwave any plastic container.