St. Patricks Day Shamrock
Clip and Magnet DIY
- Wooden, Unfinished Shamrock
- Dark Green Acrylic Paint (found at any arts and craft store such as Michaels, Hobby Lobby, AC. Moore)
- Light Green Acrylic Paint
- Gold Acrylic Paint
- White Acrylic Paint
- 2 Foam Paint Brushes
- 1 Thin tipped Paint Brush
- 1. First paint your shamrock in the darker shade of Green (let dry)
- 2.Lightly brush on the lighter shade of Green so that you still see the darker green underneath (let dry)
3. Dab on some of the Gold paint onto your paint brush and very lightly brush on the Gold so that it looks almost sheer (let dry)
4. With a pencil FIRST, write “Lucky” on the Shamrock THEN go over it with White paint using a thin tipped brush. Use that same thin tipped brush to outline your Shamrock with dots. Let it dry. Other suggestions for what to write are: Kiss Me I’m Irish, Kiss Me, Last Name etc
- 5. Flip your shamrock over and use your glue gun or other heavy duty glue such as E6000 to attach your Clothes pin and Magnet strip (optional).
- 6. Clip a cute photo and stick it on your Fridge, or locker etc… and you’re done!
Hope you enjoyed this DIY. If you tried this project I would love to see your pictures OR tell us where you would display YOUR Shamrock 🙂
If you have any comments or questions about this project, we’d love to hear them.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!
TIP: If you are having trouble finding a wooden cutout of a Shamrock, no worries! Instead use Stiff Green Felt, and eliminate steps #1 and #2. Printout the Shamrock template and cut it out. Place it on your felt, trace the shape of the shamrock and cut. You can still brush on a little Gold paint, and write “Lucky” with white paint. Outline the shamrock with dots. Glue on your clothes pin and magnet and your done!